Monday, September 2, 2013

Not Going to the Trail

I had a family vacation in Utah this last week so I didn't go out to the trail with the rest of my rotation group. It's funny: I came to ANASAZI with great apprehension and there have been a few weeks on the trail when all I wanted to do was go home. But not going out on the trail this last week was so hard. I went to the Wednesday morning training to say goodbye to those TWs who would finish and leave while I was on vacation. Seeing them all drive off and knowing some of the YWs they would be going to without me was really hard. That was one of the hardest things, right up there with saying goodbye to the mission and seeing them all carry on in the work without me.

Not a day passed this last week that I didn't think about the trail. The YoungWalkers out there, where they would all be, what they would be doing each day, e.g. - "Today's Thursday, they're hiking again." or "It's Sunday. I wonder if they're taking a layover day." I really miss the trail. I miss how simple things are out there, and how clear my role is. I loved the trail before, but I have never been more excited to get out there and Walk again.

Spending time with my family was great though. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the vacation and we made some great memories. We stayed at Snowbird in the Cliff Lodge, went on the zip-line and alpine slide in Park City, got together with some old friends, ate lots of yummy food, played games and I coerced them into going hiking. We also started planning our next family hoorah and that was fun. I love my family and Anasazi is all about turning hearts homeward so it was great to be able to be with my family and experience that joy that we seek to instill in our YWs for their families.


No comments: