Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oh Life

How does it get away from you so easily?! I get off the trail with every intention of updating this and the next thing I know, it's been two weeks and I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off and I'm preparing to go out on the trail again tomorrow.

Highlights of the last two weeks:

  • Seeing a great YoungWalker come off the trail. I helped her at the office on her first day in the program and seeing her on her first and last was fun for me.
  • One of my absolute favorite YoungWalkers came to Mesa and I was able to spend some time with her. Seeing how well she's doing and that she's continuing to walk forward is payday for a TrailWalker. Witnessing that they not only did well on the trail but are still going strong and growing stronger is golden!
  • Driving to Idaho wasn't really a highlight (although I do enjoy roadtrips, they are more fun with other people) but I was able to see some of my favorite people along the way and that's what it's all about. I would travel the world for some of these people that mean so much to me.
  • Helped mom get the house ready to sell and move. The moving idea is a little sad. Even though I don't live there anymore, it's strange to think of my parents living somewhere else or celebrating Christmas and special events in a different house. But I am glad I was able to help my family out in this rather stressful period of transition.
  • I also changed rotations, which is a big deal at Anasazi. You have a certain belonging place and fit into your rotation so to change is a big deal and a little unsettling to be honest. But I felt good about the change and I think some great opportunities will come from it. Plus, it means I get to go out on the trail again tomorrow. It's funny how much I miss it when I'm not out there. During my training, back in May, I was talking to another trainee about how strange it was that we felt so comfortable out there. A trail-veteran overheard and commented that one day we would find that we are more comfortable on the trail than we were in the "wilderness of the world". Today, as I told my roommate how excited I am to get back on the trail, I remembered those words and realized it's true. I'm in my element out there and feel like my most real self. I miss it when I'm off the trail.
So, tomorrow morning - here we go again. Adventure is out there and we are going to find it and grow from it!

Walk forward everyone. It's so worth it!

No comments: