Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What do I really want? (part-2)

As I've been making plans for the future and praying about where I should be and what I should be doing I keep running into roadblocks. There are so many places that I would love to go and so many options of what I could be doing. Yet, everywhere that I consider I receive a "No" from the Lord. As I mourned the loss of another possibility I thought to myself, "Why can't I just do what I want?!"

Instantly I was reminded of this concept concerning what I really want . In Church a week or so ago, a new girl in my ward made a profound statement in her introduction: "I really just want to please Heavenly Father." What a beautiful purpose! As I sat in that chapel I prayed that that would be my goal as well. I realized all that I really want is to please Father. I said I was willing to do whatever is necessary to please him and do his will.

At first this seemed like a daunting thing to ask/promise. I have some trust issues and trusting the Lord with my everything is a little scary. And harder still: trusting myself. I don't know that I trust myself enough to follow God's plan well. But I want to want this, and thanks to my friend Alma, I know that's possible. "Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, (it doesn't have to be anything big or dominating, but a start as simple as a little seed) behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts." (Alma 32:28)

So, now that I know what I want to want (to please Heavenly Father) the next question to process is: how much do I really want it?

No comments: